I'm finding that this is quite the "work in progress."
Today at the Family History Center I worked on the Strange family (see - I do have a "Strange" family!). Robert Strange and Mary Franklin were married on November 6, 1720 in Tockenham, Wiltshire, England - and I verified that in the Bishop's Transcript records for Tockenham today. I'm not sure why they were married in Tockenham because it doesn't appear that Mary is from that parish (at least I didn't find any Franklin/Franklen/Franklyn entries within 5 years either side of 1700). Lots of Taylor families, but no Franklins.
I was able to find their children (6 that I'm aware of) in the parish records in Brinkworth: John Strange, Mary Strange, Margaret Strange, Robert Strange, Mary Strange, and Anne Strange (my ancestor). I also verified that the father, Robert Strange was christened on Oct 19, 1790 in Brinkworth, Wiltshire, England (really not that far from Tockenham). His parents were Matthew Strange and Mary... I think Smith, but I'm not sure where the name "Smith" came from as I haven't found a marriage for Matthew and Mary anywhere. More looking...
I ordered today from the great GRO (General Register Office in England) death certificates for William Sumbler and his wife Margaret Dixon Sumbler... in fact my email confirmation from the GRO just hit my inbox. It will take several weeks for them to get to my place, but since I don't know either's death information, this is a great opportunity to learn what I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment