Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Coming on the Ship Hudson

I'm thinking this may be a very good way for me to keep track of where I've looked and what I've found...

Today's report - George Williams and family coming to the United States on the Hudson.

Thanks to ancestry.com, I was able to find George Williams on the Ship Hudson. It arrived in New York City on July 20, 1864. George is listed on page 19 of the ship manifest. This image is probably hard to see, but George is the 2nd name on the second section of the list. It appears that the top part of this page is a list of those that were on the Lower Deck and the section that George is in is in the "forecastle deck". The list also has George's occupation as a "cook" - but that was not his occupation in life (he was a stone mason). I'm beginning to think he was a cook just for the voyage.

Harriet and her three sons are listed on page 5 of the ship manifest. They are listed on the Upper Deck. Here we find Harriet Williams, Hyrum Williams, Roland Williams, and Edwin Williams.

So... that's the boat crossing.

Tomorrow we'll work on what happened to Edwin (the 9 month old)... and I'll keep working on the Dixon line (that I started working on in earnest yesterday).

No comments:

Post a Comment